Transitional care at Providence Place is for those who need to regain strength and independence after surgery, injury or illness and are in transition from home or hospital. Our experienced clinical team provides a spectrum of rehabilitation and therapy services on-site to restore individuals to their fullest potential.
Our rehabilitation and therapy department is located adjacent to our transitional care suites so that staff can work closely with each resident in a convenient and motivating atmosphere. Residents enjoy newly renovated private suites with appealing decor, flat screen televisions, DVDs, phones in every room, and nutritious meals – all in a safe and secure environment. Our transitional care unit is easily accessible, located just off the lobby on our first floor.
Also included in transitional care are customized wellness and spirituality programs, including social activities, educational and intellectual programs, physical wellness activities, vocational programs and spiritual services. Learn more about wellness and spirituality offerings at Providence Place.
Services and special features included in transitional care:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language pathology
- Wound care
- Comprehensive cognitive therapy
- Restorative nursing
- Individualized dining program overseen by a dietitian with accommodations for special diets, menu choices and snacks
- Customized wellness programs that revolve around the “wellness wheel,” that has six dimensions of wellness, including social, intellectual, physical, emotional, vocational, and spiritual
- Spiritual services provided by on-site chaplain
- Newly renovated private suites with flat screen televisions, DVD players, phones, microwaves and refrigerators
Whatever your current situation, you should know that if your health status changes and you need a greater level of care, the 24-7 on-site resources at Providence Place are available to help meet your unique needs.